Friday, October 31, 2008

Tried to Flirt again - I Can't do this!

I tried to muster up the courage to flirt with an UNATTRACTIVE man, who in fact flirted with me 1st... and STILL couldn't do it. My cheeks were hot (which happens when I get embarrassed) - I left the scene of the crime and headed for the hills.
- FYI- I present and pitch ideas all day long at work! I am not shy!
-I think the traditional / conservative values instilled by my parents (who are from the South) are blocking me from executing the flirt mission. We were taught that the man approaches the woman. I want to believe myself to be a new age, liberal and take charge woman, but this @$#% is not easy for me- Oh, well! - I might need therapy for this. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are funny! No worries, you will soon find a vegan, yoga loving man who loves you as much as you need him to! But haven't I reminded you that being married is a blower? AAGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being Married is a Blower? -
    That's what all you married girls say. Is that true? -Great! - So we are screwed anyway you slice it (married and mmiserable...or single and lonely).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I saw your comment on a Vegansexual article on About.com which prompted me to check out your blog - so funny yet so interesting :)
    I'm doing a feature story as a university assignment on vegansexualism and I'd love to be able to interview you on your lifestyle/experiences? (The story would only be read by my tutorial group teacher)
    Only having heard about 'vegansexualism' recently, I'd love to learn more not only for assignment's sake but for my own personal horizon-broadening?

    ReplyDelete