Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm embarrased-

I am kinda embarrassed with myself for seeking friendships in this way (eye batting). When I was in my 20s, I just went out in a slutty outfit, passed out my # to cute guys who seemed interesting, and took male callers. I dated as a sport. After several attempts to reach me ( I never accepted the call the 1st couple of times) I would go on a date. I ignored the guy during diner, halfway ignored the guy when on the phone, pretended to listen (by nodding my head and making eye contact), enjoyed the ride - and then after a couple of dates (if not bored to tears yet) allowed the guy to kiss me- then , (if not repulsed) had sex - then (if not ashamed or grossed out) accepted his proposal for other dates- It was pure entertainment. - Those were the good times.

And now I'm batting my eyes at random guys off the street?! I look the same as when I was 26ish - My mind matured - I grew up and realized that men are people with feelings (and the male ego). In my life's trials I grew a heart that beats with empathy for men - Oh nooooooo! Having a heart as a woman is Kryptonite.

-

6 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    Check out vegconnect.com, I've met some people on there, on-line and in person. One person in particular who I've really fallen for. There's also veggiefishing.com, and probably the best non-veg site is plentyoffish.com

    Then you can also try attending vegan/vegetarian potlucks and other events. Join some group such as EarthSave and meet up with other like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! I'll try those. I am kind of picky, but who isn't. I will post comments about my experiences on the internet (which is totally not my thing- but ...@^%*#! it- I'll give it a whirl )--- and, what could it hurt?
    -It was nice hearing from you!!!
    THX!
    Check in later and see how I'm doing with this stuff. I need the moral support.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I look the same as when I was 26ish - My mind matured - I grew up and realized that men are people with feelings (and the male ego).


    Seems like you once had an ego of your own. Enjoy things while they last. Single female friends starting in their late 40s tell me that they feel like they are invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWIW there is also veggiedate.com

    Match.com has key word search and a "Match" word search. Typing "vegan" into either will bring back about a dozen results in any major urban area.

    Volunteering with animal rights groups, vegetarian socieites and animal sanctuaries is also good for meeting single vegans



    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, I found quite interesting you jorney, I am vegetarian equal you and I am not lazy but maybe your requirement are a little hight all men in the world have imperfections and bad things, all even your father have a bad side, if you would like a have pen pal friend, I would like to chat with you, eriko3000@gmail.com good luck in your journey, GOd Bless you.

    ReplyDelete