Thursday, December 18, 2008

Internet Dating ?!

My sister (and some friends that I had dinner with) strongly suggested I submit profiles to dating sites that cater to vegetarians. I cruised the internet and there were a few sites that seemed interesting …until you took a look at the men on these sites. I’m a tree-hugger, but I don’t want a slacker who sits around and burns incense... or an egocentric freak who takes photos of his muscles. -Am I gonna be reduced to dating a weirdo or pompous ass?
-And, dating on the internet seems desperate and whack!
Well, what do I have to lose? I guess I will give it a shot.

4 comments:

  1. Try
    veggiedate.org

    There are a lot of vegetarians on match.com too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, I am a single vegan guy doing online dating. I have come across some really nice veg*n ladies, but I have been seeing far too many profiles for "alternative types" as well. I think it is great that they travel to Africa to help people or are artists, but that isn't who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EthicalSingles.com is a good online dating site for meeting tree-huggers, vegans and vegetarians.

    Sign up and search for free at:
    http://www.ethicalsingles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am going through the same thing as you, yet it's about 9 months past when you blogged this. I am a divorced woman by two years (my ex was a vegetarian) without kids, and I haven't dated for two years because there's practically no one to date. I hear you, also about these overly-liberal "freaks" on the dating websites. I made it clear on some of my dating profiles that I don't want to date a bum or a stoner. I hear you so loud and claer, girl! Hang in there, I'd love to hear what's happening nowadays.

    ReplyDelete